Saturday 18 February 2012

Josie Lambert - Walking Through the Smoke

Yet more amazing writing from our group. This time, it's Josie Lambert's turn to write a poem inspired by the Butoh exercise. Josie is 10!

Walking through the smoke,
Covering my eyes,
Soft ash on the floor,
A civilisation dies.

Expressionless face,
A planet on my head,
Struggling with the balance,
Slowly being lead.

The planet's weight is painful,
My screams as silent as this night,
I cannot keep moving,
Not falling is a fight.

As I lay in the darkness,
The dust of a month, year, century,
My eyes are open but I cannot see,
This world was never meant for me.

The warm duvet of dust,
I'm as peaceful as a sleeping baby,
But still so tiringly awake,
Until a strange light hits me.

That light pulls me up,
From the point it touches me,
Getting lifted to the surface,
The light was the key.

Now I'm walking through a land,
Filled with blinding lights,
Weird machines called 'cars',
And people breaking into fights.

I ask where I am,
They can't see or hear me,
My answer is blank faces,
And the knowledge I will never be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment